The Mini Grant Program, funded by our PTO, is designed to allow teachers to enhance and extend classroom instruction. Mini Grant activities should be innovative in nature and go beyond the scope of what is normally provided through curricular goals and objectives. These are projects not typically funded by the school district. All projects should have as their final objective a positive effect upon student learning.
All members of West Chester Rustin High School staff are eligible to apply (application found below). PTO will consider grant applications as received and applicants will be notified within 30 days of submission whether full or partial funding has been awarded.
The proposals should address the following selection criteria:
- Goals of project/ Instructional benefit to students
- Number of students and staff affected
- Type of activities
- Evaluation of project’s success
- Funding requirements – Specify total amount of funding needed to support the proposal. It must be based on actual estimates from vendors and not a budgetary amount. Please note whether you would be able to pursue your request if partial funding were granted, rather than 100% of the project.
- Plan to perpetuate the project (if applicable) without PTO funding.
Note: If an applicant has been awarded a grant for a particular project in the past, the identical proposal may not be submitted for Mini Grant funding again.